- It is strongly recommended that you acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher to avoid electrical damage to the power switch, the electronics, the heating element, the pressurstat or the wiring inside. Any damage to these components are not considered a manufacturer's defect.
- Bezzera now ships the DUO machines with a 20amp plug. You will require a 20amp to 15amp adapter plug or a 20amp circuit.
- To increase the useful life of and not damage your espresso machine, you should be using softened water. Softened water is water without calcium and magnesium, but still has other minerals for espresso extraction. Do not use distilled water, purified water, nor reverse osmosis water as these waters create oxidation with the metals and cause the same damaging effects as limescale.
- We do not recommend descaling this machine unless there is an issue with the espresso machine. Too much descaling can eat away at the metals and gaskets inside an espresso machine hastening replacement.
- Specific notes about machine delivery:
- This espresso machine is delivered on a pallet via freight truck.
- When this espresso machine reaches the freight terminal in your city or a city near yours the dispatcher will call you to set up a future delivery date and time (please make sure the phone number you entered at checkout is the best number with which to contact you). You must make this appointment for the delivery.
- You need to be at the delivery address during the delivery window to receive and sign for the machine.
- The dispatcher will let you know what dates they have available. Delivery appointments can only be scheduled Monday through Friday and within certain delivery windows. Tell the dispatcher any relevant information about the delivery, e.g., gated community procedures, limited turn radius on the street.
- Don't screen your calls (if you don't recognize the number) until your machine has been delivered. It may be your driver with relevant information about your delivery.
- The machine will be delivered via a truck with a lift gate by the driver. It will be placed at your door or the closet area near your door.
- Look the packaging over to observe any obvious damage (take pictures). Open the carton(s) and inspect your shipment PRIOR to signing the delivery receipt (Bill of Lading). The driver cannot leave until you have signed the delivery receipt. Once the Bill of Lading is signed, you have indicated to the trucking company and Total Espresso and its agents that the merchandise was delivered in good order. There is no recourse for damage recovery once the delivery receipt (Bill of Lading) was signed for by you. Important: DRIVER DOCUMENTS MUST BE NOTED OF DAMAGES BEFORE SIGNING. INSPECT SHIPMENT BEFORE SIGNING! THIS IS YOUR ONLY PROOF OF DAMAGE AND FAILURE TO NOTE THE BILL OF LADING WILL FORFEIT YOUR AND OUR RIGHT FOR AN INSURANCE CLAIM AND FOR REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PARTS OR EQUIPMENT.
- Total Espresso must be notified in writing of the damages within five (5) business days of receipt of order. Please also send pictures so we can determine severity of damage.
- Be sure to keep all your packing materials including the pallet. If you decide to return the item you will need to have all the original packing materials.
- Specific notes about the use of the 20Amp plug
- While there have been no safety issues with this machine previously, a 20Amp plug will continue to be used on Matrix and Duo 110v versions because safety standards do not allow the use of an undersized plug compared with the power consumption reported on the machine data label. It is possible to use the machine with a 15Amp plug adapter by only setting a brew boiler priority. In other words, it is not possible to run the machine on a 15 Amp circuit with no boiler priority set so that both boilers are heating at the same time.
- According to Bezzera tests, the major difference in the machine performance, when the boiler priority is set to on or off, is in the warm-up period. There were no large performance differences in the coffee thermostability and water/steam services, in the normal machine use, giving priority to either the coffee or steam boiler
- WARM-UP TIME (no priority - both boilers heating at the same time)
Coffee boiler set point: 92°C
Service boiler set point: 125°C
Coffee service: 3:20 minutes
Hot water / steam service: 6:45 minutes
Coffee boiler set point: 92°C
Service boiler set point: 125°C
Coffee service: 7:10 minutes
Hot water / steam service: 10:10 minutes
We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service. We will do our best to meet the timing commitments detailed in our shipping policy below.
When making a purchase with Total Espresso, the customer, or purchaser of products, is also agreeing to all terms and conditions on this page and website.
When you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and a pre-authorization was received from your credit card or payment account for the purchase. We do our best to keep up with inventory, but there may be occasions when an item is shown as available on our website, but is actually backordered or unavailable. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will contact you via e-mail and/or telephone and void the pre-authorization. If your item is available for shipment (within 3-5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment. In the event of high demand, unavailable items, we will notify you of our best estimate of when the item will be available. You can then inform us if you would like us to process the payment and wait for delivery or that you would prefer us to void the order and pre-authorization.
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within three to five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at sales@TotalEspresso.com or toll free at (877) 652-6533. Once a tracking code has been generated, we cannot cancel or make changes to your order. Most merchandise will be shipped insured and require a signature at delivery. Orders shipped via common carrier (UPS and FedEx) include delivery to the customer's external door. Orders shipped via USPS are delivered to a customer's mailbox or door, depending upon package size. In general, shipping carrier delivery times are best effort and not guaranteed.
We offer free standard shipping for orders greater than $99.00 in the lower 48 contiguous United States on all non-commercial electric espresso machines and coffee grinders unless specifically noted in product description. Some home espresso machines may be shipped via freight company on a pallet to lessen the possibility of damage. If a machine will be shipped via freight on a pallet, you the customer will provide additional shipping funds upon checkout to offset the extra expense. We do not ship internationally. The customer is responsible for all freight charges on commercial machine shipments. We are unable to ship items to APO/military addresses. If you order more than one item, your shipments may be delivered separately. Orders will be shipped using our preferred providers and we are unable to accommodate shipping orders on a customer's personal shipping account. Orders totaling $99.00 or less will pay a flat rate standard shipping charge.
Packages will be delivered to the address confirmed on your order, and address changes can only be made before your order ships. We are unable to change shipping addresses, redirect, or place a hold on a shipped package. For all orders of home espresso machines and grinders, all packages will require a signature upon delivery. Total Espresso does not guarantee and will not be liable for shipments signed by an individual other than the recipient at the same address (i.e., doorman, roommate, fraudster, etc.). You are encouraged to ship your merchandise to your workplace address rather than your home address if there is someone you trust who will sign for the delivery or will call you when the merchandise arrives so you can sign for it.
Please note: Before shipment most or all espresso machines and grinders are removed from packaging and inspected or bench tested. This is done to ensure that they arrived without damage from overseas shipment and to add to or modify packaging for shipment. Grinders may have some residue from testing upon arrival. Signs of opened packaging or grinds does not mean the product was returned or used by another customer.
Refused Delivery or Unable to Deliver
If you elect to refuse the delivery of the items you ordered from Total Espresso or your purchases are returned due to the carrier being unable to make delivery, your order will be treated as a return without an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization), and will be subject to a 20% restocking fee, plus all shipping charges will be deducted from your refund. In addition, a $50.00 administrative fee will be deducted.
The customer is responsible for all freight charges on commercial machine shipments.
Damaged, Missing, Defective or Malfunctioning New Merchandise Policy
Please report damaged, missing, defective or malfunctioning merchandise immediately and no later than five (5) days of receipt/delivery.
DAMAGE – All damage claims must be reported within five (5) days of receipt/delivery and the equipment must NOT be used. Customers should not use the equipment and must keep all original packaging and boxes. Satisfactory returns must include the original accessories, original packaging, and proper packing of loose articles to avoid damage. Failure to comply will result in denial of credit to your account due to denial of payment of claim from the common carrier.
Items are carefully packaged on our end to protect against damage during shipping. Please carefully inspect your package when it arrives for any shipping damage. If an item appears to be damaged, do not attempt to use it and notify us immediately so that we can begin the claims process.
Damages In Transit: Common Carrier (i.e. UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL) - To increase customer satisfaction, we take great care in inspecting EVERY piece of equipment that is sold by Total Espresso. You will notice that we do open boxes to inspect the equipment as well as add packaging material for an extra safe shipping journey to every customer. Therefore, we ask that you do not be alarmed if you see that we opened the box and re-sealed it. All non-palletized orders/shipments are properly boxed and insured for delivery by common carrier to your address. Please inspect your package when you receive it from UPS or USPS. All claims for damages and shortages must be made within five (5) business days of receipt of merchandise.
Box Damage - If you notice any apparent damages to the outer carton (i.e. gashes in the box, box severely crushed, internal packaging leaking peanuts, or creased corners), please alert the driver/carrier and make a damage notation with your signature.
Concealed Damages (UPS, FedEx, and USPS only) - If you notice any concealed damages from shipping, please notify us via email within five (5) business days of receipt. Include pictures of the damaged item, if possible. Make sure that you keep all packaging (boxes, shipping labels, peanuts, etc...) as the respective UPS, FedEx, or USPS inspector will need to inspect the package. Failure to keep and return all packaging will null and void all applicable return, exchange, and refund privileges.
If your equipment order has arrived with visible damage, please do NOT use the merchandise. Once used, the carrier, as well as you, will deem the shipment as "accepted and acceptable" or "used", and the carrier will not issue a claim number nor pay for any damages. If there is no visible damage to an espresso machine, please check the operation of the machine initially with water only to inspect for internal damages which would show water leakage. If there is water leakage, please call us within five (5) business days and please unplug equipment. If there is no physical damage to a coffee grinder, please turn it on without coffee to inspect for any strange noises. We cannot issue a replacement, exchange or refund unless a claim number is issued. Your use of purchased item(s) damaged in transit or failure to keep all packaging for the carrier's inspection will null and void our return, exchange, or refund privileges with manufacturers or importers.
Please e-mail Total Espresso (sales@TotalEspresso.com) to notify us that your machine, grinder, or shipment was damaged, we will gladly ship a replacement of the same item only or replacement part when a claim number is issued by UPS, FedEx, or USPS AND after the damaged unit has been returned to us or our agent in the original carton shipped. Replacements or refunds will not be issued if the damaged order is shipped back in a carton different than what we shipped to a customer as UPS, FedEx, and USPS will only investigate claims that have the original shipping carton included. In cases where damage has occurred to parts that can be replaced (including, but not limited to removable water reservoir, bean hopper, knock box), Total Espresso reserves the right to send only those replacement parts that were damaged in transit. Please note that domestic claim numbers for USPS can take up to 6 months and for UPS/FedEx can take up to 15 days. Our damage policy does not apply for customers or their agents who re-ship our packages outside the United States.
Please note that we often ship orders in multiple packages. However, if items are apparently missing from your order, please report it to us immediately so we can track packages and replace the shipment if necessary. All claims for missing item(s) and/or component(s) must be reported within five (5) days of receipt/delivery. Total Espresso’s only responsibility will be to ship the missing item or component. Missing item(s) or component(s) external to the machine are not considered a defect.
DEFECTIVE OR MALFUNCTIONING NEW MERCHANDISE
Home equipment which arrives defective not due to shipping damage or becomes defective due to manufacturer's defect within five (5) calendar days of the receipt/delivery date will either be replaced, or a replacement part will be provided for installation by the customer, or the defective merchandise will be repaired at no cost and returned to the customer at the discretion of Total Espresso. If required, the defective product must be returned in its original packaging before a replacement or repair is provided. After the initial five days, you must follow warranty repair procedures.
Lack of water in the internal boiler, not just the water reservoir of an espresso machine, can damage the heating element – these cases are not handled under warranty as this is not a defect of the machine. Customer should watch the water intake hose (where applicable) when starting for the first time to insure water is being drawn in. If not, you should stop the machine immediately and notify Total Espresso.
COFFEE TEMPERATURE, TASTE OF COFFEE, POSSIBLE ADJUSTMENTS THAT MAY BE NEEDED, LACK OF PROPER GRINDER, LACK OF FRESH COFFEE, OR INEXPERIENCE ARE NOT CONSIDERED DEFECTS.
This policy does not cover defects caused by user error or negligence, including, but not limited to, not reading the owner's manual or instructions included with the purchased item. Items designated as commercial are not covered by this policy and are covered by the respective manufacturer's warranty or by the installer. Adjustments are not considered defects. Temperature and/or adjustments (i.e. foot height, pump pressure, etc.) on espresso machines are not considered defects when within the respectable range set forth by the manufacturer. During shipment, it is common for wire connections to get disconnected from heating elements or other components. This generally has an easy solution and is not considered a defect.
Please see our Warranty page for complete listing of exceptions to general warranties.
Effective 30 March 2020
To take advantage of this Price Match Guarantee, please copy a link of the product page on the competitor's website that contains the description and price and a link of the identical item on TotalEspresso.com. Email both links to sales@TotalEspresso.com. We will then send you a special promotion code for your purchase on TotalEspresso.com.
Total Espresso reserves the right to decline a price match at our discretion.
How do you convert the supply to standard
The Duo will arrive in reservoir mode. If you wish to use the machine in plumbed-in mode, you will need to install the included plug into the reservoir before connecting the machine to a water line. Attach the included braided line to the direct water inlet on the bottom of the machine. To connect, screw on the line until hand tight, then use an adjustable wrench to tighten an additional quarter turn. Attach the other end of the braided line to a cold, filtered, and softened water source. Your water pressure should be between 25-40 PSI.
Select your water source by pressing the Bezzera logo on the top left corner of the touchscreen, followed by the gear icon to access settings mode. Scroll down using the arrows and press Water Source to select either the water reservoir or plumbed option. Press OK to save.